Yekaterina Yevgeniievna Vakulenko – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor
Yekaterina Ye. Vakulenko was born in 1982. In 2004 she graduated from the Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy, Faculty “Electric Transport”. During the period from 2005 to 2008 she studied as a postgraduate student at the Transport System and Logistics Department. In 2009 Yekaterina Ye. Vakulenko defended a thesis for the academic degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences in specialty 05.22.01 — “Transport Systems”.
From 2008 to 2011 : Assistant at Transport System and Logistics Department, Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy. Since 2011 she has worked as Associate Professor at the Transport System and Logistics Department, Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy.
Subject of master’s thesis: “Choice of Motor Transport Facility in Routes of Municipal Passenger Transport”. The thesis is addressed to the issues of assessment of the laws, which influence the choice of a transport facility in routes of urban passenger transport with the consideration of passengers’ transport fatigue and current carrier’s economic bounds. To this end, the study was made of the following aspects:
– development of the approach to choosing the number and brands of transport facilities in routes of municipal passenger transport, which, unlike the conservative approaches, provides for the least passengers’ transport fatigue with the simultaneous satisfaction of well-grounded carrier’s economic requirements to specific routes;
– improved tariff-making approaches to urban passenger transport, which take into account carriers’ economic interests and socially-based passengers’ requirements to city travels.
Yekaterina Ye. Vakulenko is a lecturer in the following disciplines: “Customs Operations”, “City Environment Characteristics”, “Management of Transport Services”, “Risk Management in Logistics”, “International Carriage”.
Yekaterina Ye. Vakulenko takes active part in international conferences, seminars, and conferences held for the professional and teaching staff of the Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy. She guides students in their science research.
During the period of the work at the Transport System and Logistics Department, Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy she has been the author of 19 research and methodological papers. Te most recent papers are as follows:
1. Ye.Ye. Vakulenko. Passengers’ Transport Fatigue as Criterion for Choosing Transport Facilities to Service City Routes // Urban Electric Transport, Urban Power Supply and Lighting: Theses to 33rd Science-and-Technology Conference for Teachers, Postgraduate Students and Personnel of Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy (May 11-13, 2006). – Kharkov: Kharkov National Municipal Economy Academy, 2006. – Pages 73 — 74.
2. Ye.Ye. Vakulenko. Choosing Brands of Passenger Transport Facilities in Cities // Theses to 69th International Science-and-Technology Conference for Academy Departments and Railway Transport Specialists and Enterprises (April 17-19, 2007). — Kharkiv: Ukrainian State Railway Transport Academy, 2007.
3. Ye.Ye. Vakulenko. Choosing Brands of Passenger Transport Facilities in Cities under Conditions of Competition on Transport Services Market // Theses to 70th International Science-and-Technology Conference for Academy Departments and Railway Transport Specialists and Enterprises (April 15-17, 2008). — Kharkiv: Ukrainian State Railway Transport Academy, 2008.
4. Ye.Ye. Vakulenko. On Issue of Increasing Competitive Power of Motor Transport Enterprises on Market of Passenger Transport Services // Modern Information Technologies in Sphere of Transport, Industry and Education: Theses to 2nd International Theory-and-Practice Conference (May 15 – May 16, 2008). — D.: Dnepropetrovsk Transport Engineers Institute, 2008. – Page 8.
Personal e-mail address: email@example.com